Simple Scrapper Sketches

Friday, September 12, 2014

Every year for Lauren's birthday, I give her scrapbook pages for her album. This year I didn't have much time to put them together, only the morning before the party! So I pulled some photos, grabbed my Simple Scrapper Spark Mag and its sketches and went to work.
If this first page looks familiar, it's because Jennifer used one of my pages as the basis for the sketch! I used a lot of Crate Paper's Open Road for this one.
I had fun manipulating this photo in Photoshop Elements. I converted it to black and white and colored the family back in. I like doing this for photos with busy backgrounds. It's so easy too! This is my go to tutorial, because I forget all of the steps every time!

I used odds and ends from the Scrapbook Circle August kit for this. Including the printables!
And this was my big hand cutting title page that I shared a few weeks back. The Simple Scrapper sketch called for a big title. Well I made one!

In one morning and part of an afternoon I was able to crank out 4 pages (+1 other) using Simple Scrapper sketches. It's what I love so much about being a member. I don't have to run around finding inspiration. It's just there for me in one neat little monthly package. The perfect starting point for many a project :)

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!