25th Birthday

Sunday, September 27, 2009

So it's birthday time again. I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of birthdays but so far, the last few have been really amazing. While this year's wasn't a booze cruise down the Thames nor a night of Cosmic Bowling in Bangkok, it was however, exactly how I wanted to spend my day, with friends and family.

Straight off a plane from Ohio, Matt and I met up with Mama and Papi and headed down to the Riverwalk for a steak lunch. The prime rib was awesome and the strawberry white chocolate cheesecake divine. We spent a bit of time after dinner, walking along the river in an attempt to walk off all of the yummy food. It was a nice, relaxing, albeit hot walk along the riverbank.


After a bit of a refresher, Matt and I started the drive up to Austin to meet up with the girls. It was the first time my boyfriend would be meeting my two best friends and I didn't quite know what to expect. None the less, they hit it off smashingly and we had a really amazing dinner, out on the lake at the popular Austin haunt, the Oasis. Seeing the sun set over the lake was such an amazing end to an already amazingly pleasant birthday celebration.



A note on the presents :) Mom and Dad gave me some cash to put towards my new photo printer, a must have for any true scrapbooker. Kimbo got me a cute teal plaid scarf just in time for fall. T$ had her mom draw a poster of me, her and Kim. The first time anyone has ever drawn me! I was really flattered and totally blown away by my one of a kind present.

Matt perhaps, did the best of them all. My darling uber male boyfriend actually braved Hobby Lobby and even a Michael's in order to purchase a few scrapbook supplies and a rubber stamp I'd mentioned in passing some weeks before. I couldn't believe that he'd actually remembered. It was totally unexpected and completely appreciated. To top it off, he got me a sweet book of quotes, a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble and a vintage Scrabble board. All in all, I totally swept house and am so appreciative of all of the wonderful presents I received and even more blessed to have these amazing people in my life.

xxbesos
j.leija

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!