More Christmas Goodness

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Two Peas in a Bucket is not only a wonderful place to shop, it also houses the best online forum for sharing your personal projects. Known as the Gallery, it's the first place I turn to when I'm looking for some inspiration. The layouts and cards are created by some of the best scrappers our community has to offer and I'm never short of a great layout to emulate or an amazing color scheme to imitate. Here are a few of my "mediocre copies of another [scrappers] genius".



I fell instantly in love with Vivian Masket's simple yet sophisticated "Peppermint" layout. I thought I'd be clever and play off the doublemint twin commercials and throw in some purple to highlight the oh so fun stripped purple thermals, Nina and Mia were wearing. The perfect tie-in with a peppermint theme!



candiMandi was the influence for this layout. Her "Summer Fare" layout instantly reminded me of these amazing photos from Matt's and my jaunt over to the newest part of the San Antonio Riverwalk. The colors she used translated so well to this layout with these particular photos. The Sassafrass Lass patterned paper and the sewing did the rest.

The color scheme and the general layout from scrappygirljenni's "Christmas 2009 December Memories" pages, influenced my Leija Family Christmas. I loved the non-traditional Christmas colors and that I was able to use 6 photos and utilize my border punches. This was also my first stab at machine sewing. Lets just say, I'm glad I was going for a "distressed" look.

xxbesos
j.leija

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!