Urijah Love

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"Good morning, good mooorning!"

I have this jingle stuck in my head for some reason. I think it might have to do with the fact that the sun is shining outside of my window and I can hear birds chirping off in the distance. Birds, really? Pondering how long it's been since I've heard a bird outside my window....

Anyway, I think I'm most excited this morning because we're finally home! Back from Ohio and all tucked into my cozy little apartment, with 7 full days of freedom staring me in the face. That my friends equals pure bliss!

I have a slue of little projects I'll be working on over the week. Mostly organizational things, but also some scrappy stuff.

This morning I wanted to share a few of the pages I made at that Cropping Bug crop with my pals out in Texas City.

They're all about looove :) Namely love of a certain lil man.

While driving out to the crop, I listened and rocked out to an old school Natalie Imbruglia CD. One song had a lyric that mentioned "bubbles of love" in it. I think it's called Big Mistake (actually I know it's called that because I just googled it :)

As that was gurgitating, and I pulled this photo from the box, and had already chosen a sketch that featured circles, I came up with the title. I find it very appropriate to the atmosphere Urijah's presence creates. You just can't not love him!

Their shirts were the deciding design elements for this page, varying shades of greens and yellows. I got to play with my circle punches and buttons & brads, finally using that gorgeous wood button with the green details from Crate Paper.

I also love how infinitely classic & cool my Papa looks with his Ray Band sunglasses.

Then I made a page with Urijah and Gma. I loved the cosmic vibe of this Studio Calico paper, especially when cut down to the smaller size which accentuates it. It somewhat mimicked the odd angle of the photo of the two of them. Which really could have been shown either portrait or landscape.

The title came from Urijah's pjs. There is a monkey in space with the words "Out of this world" on the front.

I think "Love (or Loved) out of this World" really worked as a title for this page. Plus, I'm super happy that I have a page with Gma and Urijah! There aren't as many photos of the two of them together.

Urijah's scrapbook is always my favorite to work on. Mainly because I actually complete them! But also because I tend to capture those everyday life photos. The ones that so perfectly exemplify relationships and interactions, rather than we did this, we saw that. It's a newer evolution in my scrapbooking. And I like it.

xxbesos

1 comment:

  1. I'm digging all these blog updates! Being that green is my favorite color I'm also looving that first layout, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete