Playing with Pastels

Monday, May 20, 2013

Happy Monday yall! I hope you had a nice relaxing weekend. Myself? I packed up some stuff and went to scrap at Archiver's on Saturday. It was a so so experience. I was really hoping to socialize but the crop was so small and everyone else came in groups. So I tinkered away on my own.

I wasn't really motivated and lacked a bit of mojo. It's hard when you're use to scrapping on demand (i.e. my room is all set up to scrap whenever I feel like it and all of my tools are out and available at all times) to suddenly go, ok now you HAVE to scrap. But I powered through. Mainly because I was inspired by some of the new products I purchased on the day.


This was the last page I made at the crop. I went for it because I new the layout I wanted for the photos.

I love Melissa Stinson's tight & clean & photo and color driven style. If you look at her work, pretty much every layout is a sketch worthy page. For this layout specifically, I was inspired by her Snapshots from the Aquarium layout.

I placed my photos, journaling and patterned paper strips in the same way that Melissa did, but I roughed it up a bit by crinkling paper edges, dropping mist splatters and adding sketch lines.


Honestly, I don't know how the pastel color combo came to be, just that I picked up that sheet from the Atlantic collection and thought it went well with the yellow of the palace and blue of the sky. Then I shopped the aisles at Archivers and came back with some Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, an older Ready, Set, Go sheet, a Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm and a spool of ribbon.

I did just tiny bits of embellishing by adding some flair, a chipboard camera, a Thicker title, and when I got home, some white heat embossed words.

It's a little funny to have this guy trip forever immortalized with a pink page. But they'd be good sports about it I'm sure. And now, I'm just excited to have made a 12x12 double page! And to have all of Oslo scrapbooked now. I'll share the final page tomorrow. Until then...

cheers & besos,

6 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I love the colours and mix of papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love these colors! Your pages are always so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for being my cheerleader lately, Jill! I've appreciated all of your comments so much. Little known fact, I have a total scrap crush on YOUR work! Well not really little known, I did write a blog post about it last year! Seen here: http://paperheartproject.blogspot.com/2012/01/started-with-chair.html Cheers!

      Delete
  3. LOVE how your page turned out- the pastel color combination is a fantastic contrasting backdrop for your photos!

    And I'm so excited that you liked my layout enough to scraplift it. Thank you so much for your kind comments and links back to my blog and gallery! :)

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Thanks so much for commenting Melissa. I couldn't not scrapbook it, really :) Cheers!

      Delete