Goals: June Update

Sunday, June 30, 2013

How is it the last day of June?! Where in the heck has this year gone? And look at us, already 1/3 of the way through summer. So crazy, but such is life.

As it is the end of the month, I wanted to revisit my summer goals; to give yall a little update on my progress. Here they are again with my comments:
  • 01. Grandparents Mini. Not started
  • 02. Note Mini. Not started
  • 03. Japan Mini. Nearly done! I just need one last push to help check this one off.
  • 04. Start Travels Mini. Well lookie there, it's started! More on this, later in the week.


  • 05. Start Paper Life Mini. Not started.
  • 06. Start Project 12 Mini. Not started.
  • 07. Update blog design. Done!
  • 08. Catch up on classes. Well, I've more or less kept up with the one class I'm currently taking. Just need to get back through the older two I had wanted to revisit.
  • 09. Organize ephemera. I pulled everything out and got overwhelmed in about 2.5 seconds. So I put everything away again. I'll get to this this summer. I'm determined. But just not today.
  • 10. Create art. It's done! Thanks to Camp Scrap and May's Mixed Media mini class, I was able to gather the necessary tools to get what I had in my head down on canvas. Check back later for a full post on this project.
  • 11. Decorate guest room. I finished it! So excited about how this room turned out. More on the blog later this afternoon.
  • 12. Walk 100 miles. According to my calculations, I'm at 34.7 miles. Right on track!
  • 13. Take 100 pictures. Thanks Chicago, for all of the great memories and for helping add to my scrap-able photo bucket. I'd say we're at 60 photos.
I'm so proud of myself for setting up my goals and getting them done. I love making lists and ticking things off of them, but when it comes to goals, I always find it difficult to stick with them. This is the first time I've really followed through. 

So much of it had to do with my mindset. Since I love my list of goals, I really wanted to get them done. Nearly everyday this month I'd think to myself, "ok what's one thing I can do to help me tick off a goal". Having goals that I love, I think has helped tremendously.

That room didn't come together over night, I had to buy the bookshelf. Then on a separate trip I had to buy some storage bins. I spent another day hanging things and making up the bed.

Same with the mixed media piece. One day I had to make the photo copies. Another, I bought the adhseive. And of course, it took a few days to actually finish the piece. 

Taking the time to make them cognitive thoughts as I've gone through my days, has been the reason I'm able to check things off my list!

4 goals completely checked off, 3 goals well on their way to being completed and 6 to be started. With 2 months left to go, I like my odds.

What about yall? Did you make any summer goals? Have you stuck to them? I'd love to hear!

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!