4 in 4

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hiya! I wanted to share this double page layout I made. It was for a guest design team assignment that fell through, which made me a little bummed. But only for a minute. Because I realized, I still got a great scrapbook page out of it!
My challenge was to make a page about 1) boys and 2) birthdays. And since Urijah is my favorite lil boy, I decided to make a page about his birthday. But I've scrapped his whole 2nd, 3rd and 4th birthdays. I've been meaning to get to that 1st birthday mini book....but knowing how much time I had, I knew I couldn't attempt it.
I was chatting with my Mama the other day, and she asked if I thought we should have a pirate party for Urijah's next birthday. She was at Target and they had a fun pirate pinata on discount that she wanted to snag. I said, yes lets! Since both of us love skulls and cross bones and Urijah likes pirates. 

That convo totally inspired me to create a page about all of the different parties we've had for Urijah over the years. His first birthday was cowboys, his second featured Sid the Science kid, his 3rd was super hero themed and his fourth was fiesta! 

Using a prompt from Art + Science, I decided to make an enlarged photo collage of a black and white photo of him each year + a color photo of his cake.
I went for photos I hadn't scrapped or weren't as prominently featured on their respective pages. The smaller moments and less perfect shots. I thought they'd be perfect cropped down into 2x6in slivers.

And then I went super geometrical by cutting down 4 coordinating patterned papers in the same width as the photos. I think it makes the design look very tight and clean. Which I love! And is kind of perfect for the left brained challenge (from Art + Science) I'd been working with.
I loved the awesome bright colors in this fab Elle's Studio pattern and I finally got these silver and red Thickers I've been hoarding onto the page. They're perfect for this birthday page, that is one part superhero =)
Oh, and I used my date stamp to mark the years of his birthdays that this page covered. (Does that sentence make sense??)

The only remaining embellishing was the chipboard stars, number stickers and the vellum birthday die cut I cut with my Silhouette.

It's a very simple page with lots of clean lines. But I made sure to festive it up with bright patterns and colors. I absolutely love the result!

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!