Patterns of my Life

Saturday, January 25, 2014

I love mixing patterns! Not just on my pages, but also in my fashion choices. The other day I walked out the door in a black and white striped sweater, cheetah print slippers and a floral scarf. And it just clicked in my head that I needed to photograph and make a page about the patterns of my life.
For the page I used a sketch and a mix of patterned papers, along with a little photo strip of photos I took that day.


[PHOTO]

I made my own floral print using paint, watercolor, stamps and mist. 
[PHOTO]

 And since this layout was about clothes, I did some machine stitching to anchor all the parts down.
[PHOTO]

The embellishing was fairly minimal. A bit of tape, some twine, a cork sticker and a few bits of stamping were all that I added.

It was risky putting black and orange together, but I'm hoping it comes off more fall and less halloween. Any way you look at it, I still love it =)

cheers & besos,

1 comment:

  1. I am loving the combination of patterns on this layout. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete