We Three

Monday, February 1, 2016

I feel hopeful. 2015 ended up being such a bad year for us for many different reasons. So I can only hope that 2016 is better! So far so good and I'm hopeful that will continue. 
I wrote about this feeling on my latest Simple Scrapper page. It's part of February's issue of Spark Magazine and is based off one of the sketches from this month's release. (No. 288 for all of my fellow Simple Scrappers).
I haven't used kraft as a base in a minute, so this was a fun change of pace. I loved adding in all of these layers and bits and pieces pulled from my stash. It's been so long since I've scrapbooked just from my stash! So I decided to make that one of my goals this year. At least a quarter of my pages need to be put together from anything but a kits. Don't get me wrong, I love my kits! But they mean I neglect the other 90% of the stuff that I have. And I love all of that stuff so much too!
I think that's why I love the details on this page so much. This tiny house, that wood veneer heart, the cheers stamp, they're all to do with the photo and the journaling and the day. Sometimes those things line up with whatever kit I'm working with. But often they don't. Making a commitment to my stash means that I get to create these awesome customized pages. I don't need to do it for every layout. But it should definitely be a bigger part of my process than it currently is.
Also, I can't underscore how awesome the Simple Scrapper sketches are! They just keep getting better and better. And they're making it harder to decide between every month. I already can't wait to show you the page I make with next month's sketch. It's gonna be good!

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!