Adult Today

Friday, March 4, 2016

This month's edition of Spark Magazine (part of the Simple Scrapper membership) is out! I have two layouts in the sketches section. I love love loved the sketches this month! This first layout is about my first big purchase, a new to me car.
I started with a cream background and knew I wanted to use some bright and cheerful patterned paper. And then I simplified things for myself by only using paper from one mini paper pad (Pink Paislee Atlas), so all of the colors coordinated perfectly.
My Silhouette Cameo did most of the heavy lifting for this page. I used a font called Avenir which has become my go to for everything lately. It must have come standard on my Mac because I know I didn't pay $358 for it!!!
I tried to use as many car things as I could...which only consisted of two wood veneers and a stamp. Because how often is there a need for a car on your page?!
I stitched around each of the squares to give them a bit more texture. Ignore the wonkiness, I'm not the best seamstress. But I like the effect!
One of many things that make me happy about this page, is that I used "adult" as a verb. I feel like that's such a thing in pop culture right now and I'm glad I was able to capture in a small way.

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!