Color Challenge: Colorblind

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

This month I get to issue the color challenge for Scrapbook Challenges. I've never issued one before so I was super stoked to do things my way, which is of course always a little different. I decided to go for a very unconventional color scheme: turquoise, orange and purple.


My most favorite dress in my wardrobe is of this color scheme. Sadly, I've never had an occasion to wear it. But one of these days I will.

Coincidentally, my page is about both dresses and color. Well, colorblindness to be exact. I had some fun with the journaling, and poked some fun at our male counterparts and their visual deficiencies. I'm experimenting more with this type of journaling, telling a story. It's so much more fun than, "Kim and I at Mo and Joey's wedding"!!

Ki Memories and American Crafts Dear Lizzy work so well together! As I hope this layout does attest. It's been forever since I've used my huge stash of Ki and I'm so happy I took the plunge and made the cuts. I also went to town with my favorite design element, repetitive circles. I had some trouble balancing them and it still looks a little off for me, but I'm happy to call it done.


Supplies: Patterned Paper (Ki Memories, American Crafts, 7 Gypsies, Studio Calico), Buttons (American Crafts, Papertrey Ink), Punches (Fiskars, EK Success, Mavy Uchida), Stamps (Studio Calico), Paper Clip (Ki Memories)
xxbesos
j.leija

2 comments:

  1. i am in awe of this page. its AMAZING J! i cant wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete