Sketchbook 4| No. 3

Monday, April 9, 2012

I know I'm biased when I say this, but Urijah is one cute kiddo! These photos have to be some of my favorites from this year.

MT & I went to pick Yaya Bear aka Urijah up for a play date last summer. We got to the house & he walked out to come with us to the car. BUT, not before he picked up his Aunt Amber's cat to take with us.
It was THE cutest thing I've seen all year! Even the way he was holding this real life cat was too cute. Pudgy baby arms kinda struggling to put his arms around her.

And that cat! Let me tell you, is one of the most patient and sweet animals I've ever seen. Chill doesn't even begin to describe it. She literally didn't squirm or try to get away once. Even after he kept putting her down to try to get a better angle & pick her back up again.

Even though Urijah doesn't talk, his actions speak volumes! That day he was telling us, "Ok Tia, I'll go with you but not without my cat. Let me grab her & then I'm ready to go!"

I had fun playing around with the elements of Sketch No. 3. I think I came up with something very different, but still within the parameters of the sketch.

I used the new Echo Park This & That collection that I picked up from Archiver's a few weeks back. I love love love the colors in it!

As to the tilted and off the page design, I have to credit this pin of a gorgeous quilt as my inspiration.

And just for fun, I thought I'd take a page off of soapHOUSEmama's blog & share the step by step process of creating this page.

First I gathered some products I thought might work for the page: Echo Park paper, Mister Huey, Kraft Cardstock, Basic Grey animal stamps, etc.

Then, I stamped and cut out this wee little guy. I think he's meant to be a tiger but he works as plain old tom cat too :)

I dropped some Studio Calico Mister Huey in white on the kraft background.

Then cropped my photos.

I thought they needed a bit of a border, so I ran my Adarondack Paint Dauber in Brown, along the sides.
I cut strips of patterned paper from each of the sheets and cut them down into squares & rectangles to hang off of the page.

Then I glued them down.
And then added a similar grouping on the top corner.

Next came my title + date stamp.

And then I added my journaling strips, printed on green tinted vellum.

I threw just a few embellishments onto this page, 2 buttons and that cute lil "kitten".

But the top felt a little heavy to me, so I used a border stamp & Versamark ink to help the weight balance.
And tada it's done! Thank you so much for visiting. I'm sure I'll be back with more Sketchbook 4 pages soon :)

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!