Saturday in Edinburgh

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Come back mojo, come back! 

I think I'm too tired to function properly right now. I haven't really had a chance to just relax this month. More than a day to just sit around, do nothing, read, nap. I think once I do that, it'll come back to me.

But I've been trying! I mad a quick simple page using a few of the Bright Ideas prompts. I love these things by the way. I just wish I had time & energy to play some more!


A few weeks back, I spent a lovely Saturday wandering around Edinburgh, Scotland. I loved walking the ancient streets and spent most of my day exploring.

This was my second visit to Scotland and it definitely went better than my first. For starters I didn't slip in a business meeting in front of a brand new contact. Nor was I too ill to get on a train. This time I got to see more than the inside of my hotel!

Which btw, if you're ever visiting Edinburgh and are looking for a good place to stay, I'd totally recommend Grassmarket Hotel. It's centrally located and very modern and cool. I enjoyed it. It's also steps around the corner from an awesome little coffee/sandwich/juice place, Hula. Which, I've just learned, was voted the best cafe in Edinburgh this year!

Once you've slept in a bed for a sleepy head (Grassmarket Hotel tag line), had a bevie at Hula and now fancy a walk. The Castle is right behind you, not even 6 minutes away on foot. 

As far as castles go, this one is more of a fortress. Not at all romantic and still a working military facility. But it was a nice thing to go and see and I'm glad I did it. 

Hands down, best value for money, is a City of the Dead nighttime ghost tour. Seriously, so creepy! They take you down into the underground tunnels, where the poorest of Edinburgh's poor lived up until the 1900's. They also take you in a graveyard, directly into one of the tombs! I was dully freaked out. 

But not only do they tell you about the history of the city and also creepy stories about how people died and such. What really makes it scary is when they share all of the encounters people taking the tour have had! 

Not even kidding, if you make it to Edinburgh, I completely recommend you take the tour. So worth it, so fun!


For this page, I used a really old sheet of House of Three (I think Pink Paislee) patterned paper for the background. Love the gray polka on white.

The Bright Ideas class came with some fun Silhouette cuts so I cut out a map of Scotland and used it as a mask. It didn't look complete until I outlined it with a thicker black pen.

Then to finish the page, I stamped with a few Kelly Purkey stamps, dropped some mist splatters and hand wrote my journaling. Viola!

Ok loves, it might be 8:00pm but I'm beat. Off to bed I go!

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!