LBD: Hometown Girl

Friday, April 19, 2013

Happy Friday! I have a winner for you guys. (And sorry about the delay on this!!) Random.org picked comment #2. That's you Rhonda! If you could e-mail your address to paperheart[dot]project[at]gmail[dot]com I'll have the RAK out to you ASAP!

Sorry it's been crickets around here guys, I've been so busy with work. But I wanted to share another Little Black Dress Kit layout with ya. It's a quick and simple page I put together about my hometown.

Did you know I'm from San Antonio originally? I never really appreciated that city until I left it. There is so much rich culture there. And some good history. Which for the US, I think is quite special.


I went old school & did some tearing on this layout! It was fun but also nerve wracking. That pink Dear Lizzy paper is one of my all time favorites. It feels like I used it on nearly all of my layouts this month.

The bones of this layout are quite simple. Torn paper strips on one side, photos in a line, hand journaling, a die cut and some distress ink, finished off with some letter stickers and I was done.

I was happy to have discovered that Mission die cut in the Silhouette store. Even though I'll probably never use it again, it was too perfect to pass up.

These photos were taken at Mission San Jose, on MT's first visit to Texas. I was proud to show him my home town and its heritage. Just like I'm always happy to admit I'm from San Antone. Which is where I'll be this weekend! Celebrating Urijah's 4th birthday and dropping in on Fiesta while I can.

Non-kit supplies used: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, Silhouette Cameo, Martha Stewart Alpha punch, Kraft cardstock

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!