Monogram

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hi there! I'm home!!! I don't think I've been this excited to be done with traveling. It was just too much, in too short a time frame. Lesson learned. But I'm home now and was pretty much over the jet lag as soon as I got back. Huzzah!

I haven't scrapbooked anything all month. But I have such a back log of projects, there's still plenty of blogging to be done. Here's a page I made a few months back, it was for a prompt from the Studio Calico Bright Ideas class, taught by the lovely Nicole Samuels (she has a Creative Live class coming up you might want to check out. Nicole's a great teacher!)
In my Start Fresh workbook, I keep a list of stories I want to tell. Urijah's list has had this idea for awhile now. It's the story of his name and its pronunciation. I realized a few years ago that he has 3 J's in his name, and they're all pronounced differently!

I thought the Monogram prompt from the Bright Ideas class was the perfect prompt for a story about his name. I used a Simple Scrapper sketch for the page design.
I love these photos of him. They were just cute and colorful. He's the snazziest lil dresser. And clothes where I get a lot of my color inspiration when it comes to page design.

The red popped so well and I knew I wanted to use it on the page. I also knew it wold be hard to directly color match the specific shade. When that happens, I tend to use a lot of the same shade of color so inevitably somewhere in there, your eyes will think that it matches. That stripe down the side is washi tape from an old Studio Calico kit.

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!