Stampin Good Summer

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hey friends, old buddies, old pals! I know, I know. I've been really MIA and neglectful of this blog. Lots of craziness going on in real life but I'm back to scrapping and ready to take on a new summer challenge.

I wanted to take on a new challenge but not one as extensive (or draining) as Mini Book May. I can't say that I came up with this one my own, because my dear friend Leigh mentioned that she was going to become a stamping fool this summer and I wanted to join her! This summer I'm challenging myself to bust out those boxes of stamps and incorporate them into my scrapping. If not on every layout, at least every other, I want to include a stamp or two.


These are the first layouts I've created to get out of my scrapping rut and that also include my new summer challenge. The first is for this week's Sunday Sketch on the Studio Calico blog. That little red teepee so perfectly coordinated with the gorgeous new Jenni Bowlin papers, prefect for these photos!

This was a quick fun layout of Urijah and Mama playing. He laughs hysterically whenever Mama sings "Monkeys" to him. I found that so cute sock monkey paper by Creative Imaginations, at my favorite LSS Scrapbook 911. I paired with some scrap polka dot paper, added some brads and my favorite new Thickers!

It feels so nice to be scrapping and blogging again. Hopefully, my next post won't be weeks away! Happy Scrapping :)

xxbesos
j.leija

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love the little pictures and the big journaling on the top LO. Such a cute picture on the second layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! i love that you're on board with Stamp-a-palooza Summer '10! :)
    i love your new pages, glad to see you back blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete