Bro-ing Out

Monday, April 16, 2012

I had an absolute blast crafting up a storm this weekend. First with some friends, then once I got home for a quick half day at work yesterday. Yup, I had to get some work in yesterday. It's our craziest time of year!

But to reward myself, I came home, relaxed and parked myself at my scrap table for the rest of the day. My mojo was really flowing! So it was hard for me to pick which page to share with you first, I have so many that are my "favorite".

This I think is the winner. It combines a whole host of challenges, both real and ones that I put on myself. Two from Shimelle's scrapbooking weekend, the gray + yellow + [insert color] challenge, and the put it in a pocket challenge. It's based off of KP's sketch No. 6. (I'll share my official Sketch No. 6 layout later this week.) It was also created using only my City of Lights + Sorbonne add-on, the 4th I've made with this kit!

I had fun with the bright colors in the Sorbonne add-on kit. I love gray and yellow together, and teal was one of the dominant colors in the add-on.

I have to admit, I was very intimidated by those little ziplock bags. I had no idea how I was going to use them or what to put in there. The frame on this one was perfect for the 5th photo I printed for the page. I threw in a tangle of baker's twine and a few sequins, viola!


I'm not sure if it's the bright colors, the silly journaling or the fact that I used that plastic bag, that makes this page my favorite. But I'm definitely so happy with how it came out!

cheers & besos,

3 comments:

  1. I love love love this layout! What a great take on a lot of challenges! I too had a blast this weekend scrapping away. I love the journaling. It's boy enough to be cool but super sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout too! That teal is just yummy with the yellow and gray. And I love your little ziplock pocket! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete