Zushi Beach

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Japan, I have to say, is well on its way to being fully scrapped (no jinx!!). And that my friends, makes me very happy. It will undoubtedly be the first time that's ever happened.

I'm using every trick in the bag to keep up my momentum for this project and those photos. 

Like for this page, I used a sketch. This week's Studio Calico Sunday sketch to be exact.


My second day in Zushi, Sarah took me to the beach where she works. We hung out at Thomas' Bar, I got to meet some of her co-workers/friends, drink fun new drinks, eat crazy strawberry milk flavored slushy things and just relax! It was perfection.


If you can believe it, I used the Summer of 69 kit and stuck fairly close to just using it's contents. I always try my hardest to use the kit and only the kit. But, I figure mist, paint, stamp ink, sewing thread, etc. are all freebie items that can go with any kit. So that's how I managed to incorporate the purple these photos needed!

I sprayed some Purple Maya Mist (sadly Mister Huey doesn't come in any purple hues!) and hand stitched part of my title using embroidery floss. It seems I channeled 2 lovely scrapbookers in this page: Maggie Holmes who's layout is the basis of the sketch, and Amy Tangerine!


Are you ready for more Japan photos? I'm not quite done but definitely on my way there!

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!