Bob Marley

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Hi hello!! Quick share with you this evening, gotta get ready for my first day back at work in awhile.

[EDITED TO ADD: I was wondering why my Best Great Wall Memory page was getting so many visits. Thanks Shimelle for featuring it on your blog! Didn't realize that before I decided to use another Shimelle.com sketch for the page below =)]

I'm still making my way through the pile of photos I pulled out for Camp Scrap. I was really inspired by May's White Cardstock challenge but I don't think this really applies. However, she's definitely why I added some sequins to the page!! 

Mainly, this is for the Titles mini class. You see, I thought of the title (or idea) first and created a page around it. It's a long windy title (something I do often enough I should probably think to blog about some time) with lots o' words and a fun mix of textures and fonts. And like I said before, the jumping off point for this layout.


I used a Shimelle.com sketch as the basis for this page. I didn't even intend to play along with this sketch, but rotating it opened up a whole new option for me. And the sunburst has special significance since the top photo was taken just after sunrise as we were looking for dolphins.

Originally, I had a whole set of paper pulled out for this layout, lots of oranges and blues. And I tried so hard to make it work but I just wasn't inspired. So I scrapped that whole idea and decided to go in a different direction.

Blue + turquoise + magenta + lime was what I went with and I'm so much happier with how it turned out!

I custom made the very faint background you see. It's a whole bunch of Bob Marley lyrics printed super light on vellum and then stitched to the background page. Because....

BREAKING NEWS!!! I got my sewing machine fixed!!! It's operational for the first time in about 4 years. I'm still really terrible at it, but you should have seen how excited I was to make these few stitches.


Journaling Reads:
"You know how certain songs can trigger memories? How the minute you hear the tune, you're instantly transported to a different time and place? Bob Marley does that to me. But I think of a different island. I remember Bali.

Sarah & I had the same driver the whole time we were there. He drove us from the airport, two hours to our hotel. He drove us across the island, to see temples and waterfalls and rice paddies. He drove us the two hours back to the airport. All the while, Bob Marley was playing in the background. There's nothing that instantly makes me remember Bali more than Bob Marley."


Sometimes guys, I literally have to scrapbook my memories just to remember everywhere I've been. Like I know I've been to Bali, I have the memories. But it's so easy to just forget! You might think, "how does that happen?" But it really does. It's surreal to think about sometimes. It's one of the main reasons I scrapbook and why I love this hobby so so much.

Oh, and if you're interested in seeing more from this trip, I made a mini book a few years back.
Yall have an awesome week!

cheers & besos,


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!