Persnickety Prints Review

Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Where am I going to get my photos printed now?!"

Scrapbookers have bounced this question around the internet this year, on messages boards, twitter, just pick your social networking site.

And the reason is this.

Their favorite, and my favorite photo printing site closed down.
I'm sad to see Scrapbook Pictures go under and wish all of their people the best of luck.

But that's the world we live in now. It's so sad but undeniably true.
And thus I've begun my quest for a new online printer.

Mind you, I only order enlarged prints and 4x4 in instagrams from these kinds of sites. Anything 4x6 and smaller I can easily just print at home.

Sunday I edited some photos and then sent them off to Persnickety Prints. I've ordered from them before, a few months ago when they were having a sale on their square prints. The quality was good and the turn around fairly quick, from what I could remember.

This was the timeline for my order:
Sunday-Uploaded
Tuesday-Shipping Notification
Friday-Arrived at No. 143

I was pleasantly surprised that my prints arrived on Friday. That's one day quicker than the turnaround at SP. It seems I have a pattern of ordering prints on Sunday in the hopes of them arriving in time for the weekend so I can scrap. These pretties actually did.
I ordered a 12x12 print, so they sent everything in a 12x12 in hard cardboard box.

Everything was taped down to avoid slipping and corner bending.

And then they were taped to each other.

Every size of print came wrapped in its own cellophane envelope.

The default paper is a lightweight Matte. But you can also order metallic prints at an additional cost.

They don't have as many sizes as Scrapbook Pictures did, but they still have plenty to choose from, and specifically small square.

I'm happy with how my order turned out, and how quickly they were able to turn it around.
The price was also pretty good. But that may have something to do with the larger prints being on sale.

Persnickety Prints, if you're reading this, keep the lowered price!

I will definitely order from them again. But would also like to do some shopping around. Does anyone know of another good printer?

And if you have any specific questions, I'm happy to answer them.

cheers & besos,

1 comment: