This is one of my favorite posts of the year! (And one of the few I do over and over again…) It's a roundup of my most favorite layouts of the year. You can have a look back at my 2011, 2012 and 2013 posts.
This year I made:
1 mini book
109 pocket pages
Here are a few things I've noticed:
- White backgrounds. I love 'em! Again, more freedom and man do they make your colors pop. There are 7 white cardstock layouts featured here
- Travel is always a big theme for my pages. Again, 7 (must be the magic number this year!) layouts have something to do with travel.
- Scrapbook Circle's Island Paradise kit was my favorite. 2 of the layouts on this list were made with that gorgeous kit (the first one I received!)
- Speaking of kits, 5 of these are kit layouts. Either Scrapbook Circle, Studio Calico or Ali Edwards.
- I bought so many classes this year! But didn't get through even half of them. I did make a few. 4 of these are class layouts (SC Stitched, Stash Bash, Super Simple Scrapbook Challenges)
- My Silhouette got a lot of play this year. 10 of these layouts feature die cuts from my Silhouette
- Circles are my go to basic shape. 8 of these layouts have some sort of circular design element, either big or small
- 7 of these feature the people that I love. I think I scrapped more about Matt than I have in previous years
- I managed to scrap about me a bit more than I usually do. 3 of these layouts are just something about me.
- Every last one of these has some kind of wet media, wether stamping or mist splatters, watercolor or modeling paste
- Simple Scrapper is my jam. 7 of these layouts are made using either a Simple Scrapper sketch or as part of Stash Bash or just from an idea or inspiration from Spark Mag.
- I just played, without the help of prompts or sketches or challenges. 5 of these layouts are straight from my brain to the page. Can you guess which?
- I'm not consistent with photo size in any way shape or form. From enlarged photos to teeny tiny ones, to square to rectangle. I love 'em all!
I love looking back at these pages. It's been a good year and I think these pages reflect that.
cheers & besos,