OLW 2012

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!
Welcome 2012.

2011 was a great year. A quiet year.
And just the kind of year I needed, since 2009-2010 were mainly not good years.

I feel at peace and largely content going into 2012.
I'm ready to start working on myself.

For 2012, I decided to pick a One Little Word. If you're not familiar with this concept, click on the link to have Ali Edwards explain, in the fabulous way that she does, the concept of OLW and it's meaning in her life.

This year, the word I chose is write.

I talked about my 2012 Habits a few days back, and one of those was to write everyday. That will I hope, help me to work toward my OLW.

Because this year, instead of finding out which words picks me, I'm actively going to seek this word out.

I like to write. And academically, I was very good at it.
Casually, not so much.
It's hard to find a voice that is yours, that isn't rigid or formal.

But this year I want to try.

I'm determined to make this blog better. To share more and express more.
As a naturally stoic person this has never been easy for me.
I'm not one to "join" or "share".

But this year I'd like to.

I also have a more ambitious goal of working on a non-fiction book idea that I've had for awhile now. Oh, maybe 2 years or so!
I just haven't made the time to sit down and write it.

This year I will.

Hand in hand with my word is the concept of story. In contemplating my life and this upcoming year, I want to work on cultivating my story.
And while doing so, writing it down.

What about you? Have you picked an OLW for the year? I'd love to hear your word if you did.

xxbesos

2 comments:

  1. My word this year is present. I like it because it can mean being there, being aware of the everyday, and giving to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great word Lynsey. I like the 2 for 1 special you get with it :) Best wishes on your OLW journey this year!

    ReplyDelete