Sweetest Cards

Saturday, January 16, 2016

I have this thing with cards. I can't just make one of them! If I'm sitting down to make a card, I like to make them in batches. Which means when I make a card and I'm thinking about the design, I'm figuring out ways to make several of them!
I used the stamp set from this month's Elle's Studio release and also the cut file. Because stamps, cuts, punches, all of those can be used over and over again.
That cut is just the greatest. Like I mentioned earlier this week, it's one of my most favorite cuts ever! I love the texture it adds to my projects. So I knew I wanted to use it on some cards. You know, things that don't go in page protectors, that get held and touched and opened by human hands!
I cut out six of them and 1 in strips of 5 different sheets of paper from the Thankful collection. I heat embossed the stamp, cut it out and adhered it with foam dots. But before I did that, I dropped some mist and wrapped a bit of crochet thread around the card.
This were quick and simple to make, once I figured out the design I was going for. And I think "You're the Sweetest" is such a great alternative to "Thank You". It's even good for a "Thinking of You" card. I'm planning to send a few to some sweet ladies that I'm missing!

cheers & besos,

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these cards are gorgeous! I am going to go check out that cut file, love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! It's one of my most favorite cut files ever!

      Delete