2011 Curriculum

Monday, January 17, 2011


I’m bursting with ideas for scrappy projects in 2011. My trusty binder has tons of lists and scribbles and ideas filling it’s lovely teal lined pages. So I thought I’d gather them all up, write them all down and share them with you all so that maybe your creativity could be sparked too!
Someone else online (I’m so sorry but I don’t remember who!) did a post along these same lines and called it her 2011 Curriculum. I loved that idea so I'm calling mine that too!
The Houston Project: More details to come!



Project 12: I feel that I’d be way too overwhelmed to tackle Project 365 or even Project 52. Project 12 seems like the most I can handle. I nabbed a piece of every single design of Ki Memories stitched calendars. They’re dripping with gorgeousness and I’m excited to put them to use! I figure a double page spread, 1 page calendar, 1 page 12x12 layout should do the trick. I’m already collecting bits and pieces (See Tuesday’s post “This Week Mini” for more details on how) and snapping photos along the way.
Paper Heart Project: More details to come!
No. 143: Slowly but surely, since moving into my apartment in September I’ve been decorating. I can’t afford to do it all in one go, but I’ve been collecting things here and there. I plan on sharing my handmade art, my collections, and just random bits and pieces of the apartment throughout the year.


Country a Month: Enough is enough!! It’s been 2 years since I’ve moved back to the US and I still have mountains of photos of my time abroad left to scrapbook. I had the resolution to do this last year. But didn’t follow through. This year, I’m forcing myself to scrapbook even just a tiny portion of the photos and choosing to tackle 1 country a month. If I make 2 pages from each country, I feel like I’ll be able to call it a success! For the month of January, I’ll be scrapping photos from a trip to Austria! Be sure to check back for the pages.

Book Review: I love to read. Did you know that? It’s been a life long “hobby” of mine. I devour books of all kinds, but my favorites are memoirs, real life stories. This year, I’ve chosen 12 scrapbook/design/art/creativity/life related books and each month I’ll be “reviewing” one of them. January’s book is The Happiness Project. Ok, so not very art/design-ish but I feel, still very relevant, especially since scrapbooking is a big part of what makes me happy.

So that’s it. It’s enough, no? I hope you’re as excited as I am, for all the creativity about to ensue on the blog. Be sure to check back for these along with my usual project posts. I can’t promise I’ll have something every day, but I do plan to be more diligent in my blogging. See ya later alligators.
xxbesos


1 comment:

  1. ooooh jamie! just reading through your post motivated ME to set some solid scrap goals this year! every bit of this sounds FABULOUS and i'm anxious & excited to see upcoming projects/minis/layouts! youre the best!
    XOXO
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete