So Cal Cards

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I made cards! It's been so long since I've made a batch and I'm loving these ones. I just had fun with the So Cal kit and add-ons.

Purple, pink and blue aren't colors I typical work with, but I love them together. And the Newport add-on had them all! 


I played with the stamps and some Prima Fluid chalk ink. (Seriously, those things are like butter. I like 'em a lot!) Then I just started layering: a doily, then a punched scalloped patterned paper, those gorgeous canvas butterflies that look fab when misted, the stamped sentiment and then a pin, jewel and baker's twine to finish them off.


Where the last cards were all about rounded edges and soft layers, these ones are all about angles. The Pink Paislee chevron was my starting point and I built from there.

I really like these stamps, but struggle with stamping them. The reliefs are just too shallow and I end up getting ink on them too. Does anyone else have this problem? It's driving me nuts!


Anyway, I'm resolving here and now to make more cards. I do actually like making them, even if I struggle with designing them more than I care to admit =) Everyone could use a good card once in awhile. And handmade cards, make them feel that much more special.

cheers & besos,


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!