Iconic NYC

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Happy Hump Day! Thanks to Monday's holiday, it's been a short week for me. But I'm already ready for the weekend it seems. Mainly because I want to get back to my scrap desk and play!

Here's my latest creation, a recap page of my trip to NYC in November. I used five instagrams and some watercolors + general sparkle to make this page.

I couldn't figure out the best placement for 5 4x4 shots on 1 12x12 canvas so arranging them around the page was the best I could come up with. But then that made for a bunch of awkward leftover spaces. So I decided to draw boxes in each of them and then fill them in with watercolor. Problem solved!


[PHOTO]
I used a ton of stars for this page. These chipboard ones I embossed with silver metallic zing. I pulled every one of those tiny 3D ones from my last SC kit and then I added some sequins to each cluster.

I even busted out my old label maker and labeled each photo/iconic site.

[PHOTO]

The colors in this middle instagram were throwing me off, so I added vellum over top. But first I stamped this awesome Kelly Purkey stamp over top and embossed it with white Zing!

[PHOTO]

I used some glitter Thickers from Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook line. I love this font! And I thought the glittery letters were perfect for this page about NYC.

[PHOTO]

I even did some painting with my mists. This bottom box was painted with silver metallic mist. It looks so much like concrete it's not even funny. The picture doesn't really let you see the shine but it's there I promise.

[PHOTO]

And finally, I inaugurated this cityscape stamp into my scrapbook. It's been sitting in my drawer 'o stamps for at least a year and has never seen the light of a layout. Well, today it's day has come =)

[PHOTO]

Guys, I can't tell you how much fun I'm having digging through my stash. It's liberating! And I'm wondering how in the world I wasn't doing this before.

Later this week I'll update yall on how how Product Free 2013 is going. I have to make 1 tiny confession and ask your thoughts on another. Check back for that!

Until tomorrow, enjoy hump day yall!

cheers & besos,

6 comments:

  1. I adore this page, and that vellum trick is amazing. Love this and your stash busting LO's

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Nan! it's ben so much fun to just play =)

      Delete
  2. OMGoodness! I LOVE this!!!! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. speaking of, why am i not already following you on Pinterest?! rectifying that now!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love that purple box with the quote, so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lady, that was my favorite too! I just couldn't get the song out of my head as I was making the page. so I thought it was perfect for this page.

      Delete