I decided on 4 categories, 3 things for each. Which means, I just need to work on 4 goals a month. That seems do-able, no? Especially in the organization categories, it's not too hard to tackle one problem area a month--essentially one day on a weekend.
Here they are, and of course I have two scrapbook categories ;)
- Pacific Northwest trip: This is already in progress. I can't wait to finish & share!
- Catch up on PL pages: Guys, I'm just done with this project. I'll try again in the Fall. Right now I just want to focus on getting back to the pages I've already done. I have photos printed out, cards in sleeves, but no journaling and no embellishing. It's turned into a sad sad little project. Le sigh....
- Mixed Media Pieces: Much like last summer, I had an idea on my head for some mixed media artwork. I really REALLY REALLLLY want to make these. I just haven't done it yet. This summer, I will make time.
- Organize patterned paper: I started this earlier this year. It's how I came up with that huge mountain of purge items! But then I didn't label the categories I had made and now I kind of can't figure out what I was thinking. So there's about 8 inches of paper just sitting there wondering why I've abandoned it.
- Sell/donate: that mountain of purge items I have just sitting there. I would like to sell some of it, I think people might be interested. I just know it takes time and effort to list, answer enquiries, package and ship everything. I just haven't had the time. For a few extra bucks, I should probably get on this!
- Organize ephemera: Hey! That's back on the list again, you may say. Yes, yes it is. I have no idea why this has given me the biggest mental block. Is it because of the odd sizes? The lack of idea of what to do with it all? I mean I have two ideas that make me excited. But not excited enough to do the work it seems. Either way, I really want to do this.
- Nutrition: I need to understand this. I really have no clue. I'd like to find a good resource to just understand the science. I want to eat better. I don't want to diet. I need to figure this out.
- Workout Routine: Yep, definitely need to work on this. I'm turning 30 this year. I want to approach my 30's with a good idea of how to be healthy and to get/stay in shape.
- Read! Read! Read: I'd like to read 3 non-fiction for the betterment of my life, mind, financial status, etc. type books. I've had Brene Brown's The Gift of Imperfection on my Kindle for awhile. I definitely want to spend time this summer reading and absorbing. Jury's still out on the other 2 books. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People? Maybe...we'll see. Do you have any suggestions? I'd love to hear!
Every home has crazy junk drawers, no go areas where things just magically appear. I have a few of those and I need to work on cleaning them out.
- Under the beds
- Closet (bedroom/hall/bathrooms)
- Bookshelf and dining room drawers
What about y'all? Where's your summer taking you? What do you have planned to do or not do? I'd love to hear!
cheers & besos,