Little Star

Tuesday, April 20, 2010


Twinkle Twinkle

This is one of my favorite photos of Urijah and has papa. He was so tiny and adorable, all curled up on John's chest. I suppose that's why I was slightly intimidated by the thought of scrapping it. I so very much wanted to create something special.

The below layout is what I initially came up with. But something about it was bugging me. The colors were just to bright and energetic for the mellow layout I was hoping for. Thus, the second layout was born. I almost never do this, create an entire other layout if I'm not happy with the first. But I found some inspiration from AllieH over at the Studio Calico member's gallery, and I just had to go for it.

I loved the simplicity of the inspiration layout and all of the white space. I moved the elements around slightly, but the basics are there. And I have to say I'm much happier with the second results.


The moral of the story: color really is an key element in creating and setting the tone of a layout. Louder, brighter colors can convey energy and activity. Softer, mellower colors can convey a more toned down and calmer visual space. Keep this in mind as you're scrapping!

xxbesos
j.leija

1 comment: