Sweet Pea: Random Prompt

Thursday, April 15, 2010



The Story:
This is one of my most favorite photos of Urijah, even though it isn't the best quality. We just adored that little nightgown of his and how his perfect tiny feet peeked out from the bottom. Made you just want to eat him up!

The Page:
The second I saw the latest release from Cosmo Cricket, I knew I had to have some of their Garden Variety line! The colors are fabulous and the chipboards too cute! Since we've been calling Urijah "sweet pea" I just had to use that adorable little pea pod!

I used a sketch from the Studio Calico blog and love the effect of the circle. One, it kind of looks like a bottle cap to me, which helped with the whole farm fresh theme I was going for [thinking milk bottles with that one]. And second, the circle is slightly reminiscent of a pea!

To add some dimension and a bit of layering, I hand stitched tiny "x's" along the side for a bit of embellishment. Which is the challenge this week, at Handmade Love! Pop on over to play along with me and the rest of the girls :)

xxbesos
j.leija

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!