Top 14 of 2014

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

This is one of my favorite posts of the year! (And one of the few I do over and over again…) It's a roundup of my most favorite layouts of the year. You can have a look back at my 2011, 2012 and 2013 posts.
This year I made:
29 cards
1 mini book
109 pocket pages
85 layouts
That's a lot of pocket pages (both handbook and standard size)! But I've learned that those don't make me happy the way layouts do. So next year I've decided to only make pocket pages when moved creatively to do so. I like making layouts. I like the freedom that you have. I know the pocket page thing is meant to be an easier approach but for me, it's always been more difficult. So sianara pocket pages, hello layouts!
It's always interesting to me to look back at a year's worth of work and see similarities. To see how I've grown creatively and what trends I may have picked up throughout the year.
Here are a few things I've noticed:
  • White backgrounds. I love 'em! Again, more freedom and man do they make your colors pop. There are 7 white cardstock layouts featured here
  • Travel is always a big theme for my pages. Again, 7 (must be the magic number this year!) layouts have something to do with travel.
  • Scrapbook Circle's Island Paradise kit was my favorite. 2 of the layouts on this list were made with that gorgeous kit (the first one I received!)
  • Speaking of kits, 5 of these are kit layouts. Either Scrapbook Circle, Studio Calico or Ali Edwards.
  • I bought so many classes this year! But didn't get through even half of them. I did make a few. 4 of these are class layouts (SC Stitched, Stash Bash, Super Simple Scrapbook Challenges)
  • My Silhouette got a lot of play this year. 10 of these layouts feature die cuts from my Silhouette
  • Circles are my go to basic shape. 8 of these layouts have some sort of circular design element, either big or small
  • 7 of these feature the people that I love. I think I scrapped more about Matt than I have in previous years
  • I managed to scrap about me a bit more than I usually do. 3 of these layouts are just something about me.
  • Every last one of these has some kind of wet media, wether stamping or mist splatters, watercolor or modeling paste
  • Simple Scrapper is my jam. 7 of these layouts are made using either a Simple Scrapper sketch or as part of Stash Bash or just from an idea or inspiration from Spark Mag.
  • I just played, without the help of prompts or sketches or challenges. 5 of these layouts are straight from my brain to the page. Can you guess which?
  • I'm not consistent with photo size in any way shape or form. From enlarged photos to teeny tiny ones, to square to rectangle. I love 'em all!
I love looking back at these pages. It's been a good year and I think these pages reflect that.

cheers & besos,

1 comment:

  1. Such fun projects Jamie! The Birds of a Feather layout is one of my favorite layouts that you've done! :)

    ReplyDelete