Hybrid: Words on Photos

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I know! I know! I'm a tad bit late in posting this. But I've had the biggest mental block concerning this page. It could have something to do with the photo's significance. No! It definitely has something to do with that! I mean it's a photo of me, James and Patrick standing on the Great Wall of China!! If that's not a totally epic photo to scrapbook, I don't know what is.

I really wanted this photo to be the main focal point of this layout, so I felt that adding some text to it would immediately draw your eye in. I added this Remember Word Art from Ali Edwards because it truly encapsulates everything that I wanted to say about this photo, in a fabulously graphic way.

Which is why, as the Hybrid Diva over at Ch{all}enge Masters, I chose adding text to photos as this month's challenge.

And then the white text became a theme in this layout. I added some white letter stickers, and did my journaling with my handy white gel pen. It was late when I wrote it so it doesn't really make much sense but the jist of it was that not only did we get to see the Great Wall of China, but we also hiked it! A whole 10k portion of it. That's about 6 miles people! I can definitely say I've been up close and personal with that Wall.

It's hard to tell due to the quality of the photo, but as far as you can see in this photo, we walked. Up and down, twisting and turning with the wall itself. Let me tell you, those hills were KILLING me! There was literally a moment when I sat down and was like "James, I don't know if I'm gonna make it." But I did, I survived the walk!

I have so much more to talk about concerning this experience, but I'll have to save that for future scrapbook pages. Because believe me, this is not the last you will be seeing from this day! For now, I'm just happy to have this one page done!

xxbesos
j.leija

2 comments:

  1. Hey, jamie! I wanted to congratulate you and let you know that we chose you as our July Monthly Challenge Highlight!

    Come check it out here: http://www.paperclipping.com/2010/08/12/july-monthly-challenge-highlight-jamie-leija/

    And by the way: I think that is an awesome photo! I like how you guys are leaning into the picture from the lower right corner, your jackets a pop of color from the misty background, with the wall trailing behind you off toward the upper right.

    Great balance! Great sense of movement! It's making me jealous! I would love to be there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great layout! That text on the photo really does draw the eye in. I love that the paper mimics the wall.

    ReplyDelete