Start Your Stash

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy Hump Day!! So I went and neglected my blog this week, mainly because I started my new job. Just settling in, trying to work out a new routine. So forgive me if I'm scattered for a bit!



This month, I get to issue the Card Challenge for one of my favorite online homes, Scrapbook Challenges. But the minute I signed up, I was like "why'd you go and do that?!" If you've been a reader for awhile, you know that I struggle with this particular crafty option. I love making cards! I just have problems making them up on my own...and making them look cute. From time to time I'll hit a strike of genius (see Have a Blast, Circle Petal) but more often then not, I end up throwing away my own designs and opt instead, to just scraplift a favorite.

All of that ^^^ really has nothing to do with this month's challenge but I had to add that I don't consider my card marking abilities up to par with the rest of my crafting. Which is why the cards featured this month are lifted versions of designs I adored. Over on the Creating Keepsakes Blog, Kim Kesti designed a lovely card that she adapted from a scrapbook layout. Vivian Masket never fails with her gorgeous October Afternoon creations. And yet again, I had to turn to the master, Kristina Werner for the final card, one that was featured on the latest Finally Friday video.

Ok, now that all that has been said and done, this month's Card Challenge over at Scrapbook Challenges is to Start your Stash! I'm infamous for waiting until the last minute to...well, do anything, but most especially make a birthday card, thank you card, congrats card, etc. For at least the next few occasions, I'll have a previously made card for that special someone!

I sat down for a few hours last weekend and made these cards using the Nook and Pantry line by Basic Grey. Each of these are pretty event generic and the sentiment could very easily have been switched out for one of the others. I choose the top 5 common card themes Thank You, Birthday, Congratulations, Baby and Thinking of You, because those are going to be the cards I'll use the most.

So, my challenge to you is to create at least 2 cards for your card stash this month. Any theme is appropriate, it doesn't have to be one of the five featured here. Be sure to post them over in the SC gallery and link them up here.

Happy Cardmaking yall!

xxbesos
j.leija

4 comments:

  1. These are great Jamie! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all! I may just have to do the challenge tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love each and every one of them! The Nook and Pantry makes really pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so pretty. I'm definitely inspired!

    ReplyDelete