LBD: Pie Chart Cards

Monday, March 11, 2013

Well hey there! Thanks for stopping by! I'm still crafting away with my March 2013 Little Black Dress Kit and today I wanted to share a quick card making tutorial with yall, sound good? =)

I love making cards. I didn't use to for some reason. I think because I didn't think I was very good at it. But slowly & surely they have become one of my favorite type of craft projects.

Every time I get a kit, I imagine ways to use the supplies to make not just one but multiples of the same card design. Why not make a few if you're going through the trouble of making one, right?!

To do this, I tend to stay away from adding pre-made embellishments. And instead, try to find creative ways to make my own, typically by using patterned papers, mists, punches, die cuts. You know, things that will stretch just a teeny bit further.

Here's one of the cards I made: 
I managed to make 4 out of a block of 6x12 in cardstock!


Here are the supplies I used:

LBD Kit Materials:
Tulle
Patterned paper scraps leftover for my projects
"Hello" die cuts cut from vellum

Non-LBD Materials:
6x12in block of white cardstock
Silver mist
Mint mist

Silver Tape

Tools:
Tiny attacher
Corner rounder
Silhouette Cameo


Step 1: Cut a 12x6in sheet of white cardstock into 4-3x6in rectangles. Fold in half.


Step 2: Mist cards with mint colored mist, drop silver splatters.


Step 3: Cut tulle squares. Adhere to card base.


Step 4: Round opposing corners of card base.

Step 5: Cut 5-2 1/2in circles

Step 6: Create a template using one of the circles, cut out pieces. (I labeled and numbered mine so I would know which was which!)


Step 7: Trace pieces onto patterned paper. Cut out.



Step 8: Using your fingernail, rough up the edges of each piece and adhere to circle.



Step 9: Die cut sentiment from vellum. Staple to pie chart.


Step 10: Adhere pie chart to card base.



And there you go! 4 min cards. These are very cute and tiny and I'm loving the color scheme. I can't wait to stick them in envelopes and send them off to some friends =)

I'm hoping to keep this up with each month's kit, a blog series if you will. Who doesn't like those?! Check back in April for the next one =)

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!