Meeting Mayor Parker

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Do you have any fun embarrassing stories your friends like to tell over and over again? I totally do! And this is a scrapbook page about one of mine.
I more or less accosted Houston's mayor on the streets of Portland last May. I was just so excited to see her!

Journaling Reads:
"Once on a sunny day in Portland, OR, MT and I were walking around the Pearl District. When I saw someone who looked like Houston's Mayor standing across the street. Instead of quality thinking to myself, "Mayor Parker?" I verbally and very loudly posed the question. She looked up at me as we crossed the street and I went to shake her hand. MT tells the story better; mainly because I kind of mentally blacked out at that point. I was so excited to see her! He says I walked up and said "It's Jamie!…my name is Jamie." He remembers she had this look on her face like she was trying to place me. Because clearly I was way too familiar and thinking we were long lost friends. I had actually seen her once at a reception. But we legitimately had never met. I have no idea why that was what popped out of my mouth but it made for a good story. It was so odd she just might remember me if I ran into her again. "Hey Mayor Parker, remember that time we met randomly on the street in Portland? I was the girl who accosted you on the street!"
I used the Let's Do This Scrapbook Circle main kit and the Elle's Studio stamp from the This Way add-on for this really simple page. A strip of patterned paper, a grid of photos and stamps is nearly all there is to this design. But I'm really loving the simplicity. And I'm also loving the white background. It's totally making my photos pop!
There's a 50/50 chance I may run into Mayor Parker in just a few weeks. She may even be on hand to officially open our new office. I'm so hoping for the chance to ask her if she remembers me.

cheers & besos,

2 comments:

  1. Jamie this story made me LOL literally! I even woke up my skewing husband. What a fun memory to document! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's so embarrassing. But so funny too!

      Delete